The Quinua that The Green Labs LLC. provides has all the
nutraceutical benefits of quinua along with the advantages
of a product of the highest quality and purity.
The quinoa or quinua (Quechua language origin) that ancient Incas used means “mother cereal”. It comes from the plant family Amaranthaceae, originally from the vicinity of Lake Titicaca, where its cultivation spread to all the Andean countries. Quinoa has been cultivated for 7,000 years and is grown from the 3,500 m. above sea level, where traditional crops cannot survive. Because of their high nutritional value, it has been called “the golden grain of the Andes.”
Quinoa has been recognized as a complete and highly nutritious food due to its protein quality. Quinoa does not contain gluten and has essential amino acids, essential trace element, and vitamins. The unusual composition of Quinoa and the exceptional balance of fatty acids, protein, and fat in addition to phytochemicals as polyphenols, phytosterols, and flavonoids, provide nutraceutical health benefits.
Quinoa holds a bulky germ that furnishes it with higher nutritional value as compared to other grains. Between its benefits, our Quinoa has:
- A non-allergic property that makes it suitable as a high source of vegan origin protein that can be used in any vegetarian wheat-free or gluten-free diet.
- Unusual composition and exceptional balance of fatty acids, protein, amino acids and fat.
- A complete protein containing all the essential amino acids as recognized by the FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.)
- Higher content of fiber than all the other typical hybrids (7g of fiber per serving vs. 3g for polished hybrids)
- The inheritance of a product that is so unique that locals have considered it as a natural traditional blend.
- Been harvested at the ladders of the imposing volcano “El Chimborazo” around heights of 20,702 feet, this natural blend of varieties grown and now purposely cultivated by indigenous communities supply the highest value, more appetizing flavor of Quinoa available. The summit of Chimborazo, Ecuador’s tallest mountain, is usually considered to be the farthest point from the Earth’s center, having an elevation above sea level more than 2km less than that of Everest. YES…ITS THAT EXOTIC
- The Green Labs’ Ecuadorian Quinoa is organic, light, delicious, effortless to absorb, NON-GMO, NON-IRRADIATED, BSE-TSE FREE, GLUTEN FREE, and blends well with foods and many ingredients.
- The manufacturing facility where our organic Quinoa is processed has been fully dedicated to optimize this ingredient’s properties, concentrated on getting the most nutritional content.