The Organic Acai Extract Powder that we provide meets all the
nutraceutical benefits of Acai along with the advantages of
a product of the highest quality and purity.
Euterpe oleracea Mart., known as Açaí palm is a species of palm tree in the genus Euterpe cultivated for its fruit and hearts of palm.
Açaí palm, native to South and Central America, is mainly found in the rainforest and flooded areas of Amazon River and its tributaries. Its fruits are berries considered a functional food due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory potential.
Currently, the nutraceutical properties of Açaí fruit are being evaluated. Studies have shown the potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidants activities of Açaí berries. A study in an animal model of dietary-induced hypercholesterolemia suggests that the consumption of Açaí improves antioxidant status and has a hypocholesterolemic effect. Also, a clinical trial to determine the anti-inflammatory activities of Açaí consumption on levels of inflammatory risk markers in individuals with metabolic syndrome after Açaí beverage intake shown that Açaí beverage improved the levels of pro-inflammatory markers compared to the control group and suggests that the consumption of acai beverage may be beneficial to alleviate the associated factors to the metabolic syndrome.
Açaí berries composition include hight content of antioxidants polyphenols, flavonoids, anthocyanins, proanthocyanidins, phytosterols, palmitic acid, monounsaturated oleic acid, linoleic acid, and beta-sitosterol
Due the nutraceutical qualities of this super fruit, its use in the food industry has been extended. Açaí berries powder can be a great added value for making desserts, juices, beverages, yogurt, jellies, jams and nutritious superfoods.
Now, The Green Labs LLC. offers the best Açaí Powder Extract 4:1, 10:1 and 20:1 manufactured at our industrial plant in Brazil from Açaí entirely originated from Brazil to ensure the finest quality product for food industry.
- Udani JK et al. Effects of Açai (Euterpe oleracea Mart.) berry preparation on metabolic parameters in a healthy overweight population: A pilot study. Nutr J. 2011 May 12;10:45.
- Heinricha M et al. Açai (Euterpe oleracea Mart.) A phytochemical and pharmacological assessment of the species’ health claims. Phytochemistry Letters. Volume 4, Issue 1, 15 March 2011, Pages 10–21.
- Oliveira de Souza MO et al. Diet supplementation with acai (Euterpe oleracea Mart.) pulp improves biomarkers of oxidative stress and the serum lipid profile in rats. Nutrition. July–August, 2010 Volume 26, Issues 7-8, Pages 804–810.
- Kim H et al. The consumption of acai beverage (Euterpe oleraceaMart.) improves biomarkers for inflammation in individuals with the metabolic syndrome. The FASEB JournalApril 2015vol. 29 no. 1 Supplement 259.4
- Schauss AG, Wu X, Prior L, et al. Phytochemical and nutrient composition of the freeze-dried amazonian palm berry, Euterpe oleraceae mart. (acai). J Agric Food Chem 2006;54(22): 8598-603.